Tuesday, October 1, 2013

(Video) Drake Named Toronto Raptors Global Ambassador

Drake Toronto Rappers Global Ambassador

Drake Toronto Rappers Global Ambassador



On Monday, the NBA’s Toronto Raptors and Drake held a press conference in the atrium of the Air Canada Centre to announce the rappers new position with the franchise.


As announced by himself in the video below, Drizzy is now officially the Global Ambassador for the Raptor’s organization. Keep reading for the video or watch on YoungMoney.com.


“Drake will be our ambassador and help us forge this new vision, this new buzz, this new excitement for where we’re taking this organization,” said Tim Leiweke, President & CEO of Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment Ltd., according to The Globe and Mail.


Drake said, “Obviously, I won’t be able to be in the building every day but I am extremely dedicated to it,” he said. “I do take it very seriously as a new job and a new chapter in my life…It’s not just something for the sake of all the cameras.” Drake also commented on how he would like to help the Raptors change their culture. “I want to bring the excitement into this building, I want a team that people are dying to come see, I want the tickets to be extremely hard to get…I want to bring that aggression, I want to bring that energy. Obviously, I want it to be a top team in the NBA, if not the top team.”


On the same day, the Raptors also announced that they will be hosting the 2016 NBA All-Star game. Watch Drake’s announcement below.



What do you think of Drake’s new position with the Raptors? How would you help out your hometown sports franchise if you had the chance?






via Runnin With It - Interviews, News, Music & More - Follow @RunninWithIt http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/RwiHomePage/~3/BTbv9xfJlR0/

No comments:

Post a Comment